Skip to main content

Satyam Pre 7/1 era- The Pune Chapter Part-I

After a short break I am back with my experiences in Satyam. With no idea of where I will be putting up I landed up in Pune and 8th August was the day. I went straight to Jai’s place (Jai was my roommate in SIMSR and probably my respect for him emanated from the feeling that I always treated him as my elder bro’) .with utmost pain I spent couple of days when I came to know about the Satyam’s guesthouse facility and within no time I shifted to this place near Sancheti hospital. The place was a breather for me as it was close to my office on Bund garden road. The office at Bund Garden was a landmark in itself and the location made it happening place to be around. 3rd floor of the building was the reporting place for me and Mukund Sir the reporting manager. Such was my enthu level that I quickly jumped into the cabin of another Mukund Sir who retorted telling me that he was not the right person. After some time of waiting I finally met my reporting manager.
A brief intro session happened wherein I introduced myself and probably he was impressed by my credentials. I was quite impressed by the fact that my boss was also sharing the same education profile as mine of course he was a JB pass-out. Without wasting any time I was introduced to the people around me Vikas Sir (another JB alumni), Amitabh sir ( COEP alumni) and Shrikanth Sir(CA). I was ecstatic about finding learned and experienced SAP people around me . With no regrets I promised to give more than 100% every time.
First break and first appreciation
I was offered a profile of presales and it took me 2 to 3 months to understand what I am expected to do (basically because SAP was a completely new thing for a fresher like me) but finally when it took off there was no stopping. The break came when Mukund sir had to go to Chennai for leading the proposal preparation from our vertical. A lot many people were involved in the proposals at that time and someone from Pune had to take the responsibility. I jumped in the fray and to my utter surprise I got a lot of appreciation from not only Mukund sir but lot many people involved in the proposal at that time. I single handedly handled the situation from Pune location and this gave me confidence to take-up such challenges and within no time I was given the tag of proposal guru. I still felt I had lot of work to do to really live up to this tag. This feeling always kept me looking into the arena’s where I need to work on and SAP knowledge was one of the things I was lacking in me. This was evident once when couple of the leaders in SAP Satyam had criticized me on my back saying that how a junior guy like me could directly speak to them. I thank here for Mukund sir for backing me all the way.
Introduction to Madhu Sir
One day Mukund sir called me into the cabin and directed me to work for another leader in the vertical Madhu iyer. Mukund sir informed me that Madhu will be calling me any time. IT profession is quite glamorous and nothing unusual I was trying to be a part of this glamour. I had got new cell phone- Nokia music express and a caller tune as well. I was a Kishore da fan and hence had picked up Aane Wala Pal from the movie Golmal as my caller tune. It was the afternoon of November when my cell phone started singing. When I picked up the call, I heard a voice who was appreciating the caller tune. It was Madhu and I was surprised when he appreciated the songs as otherwise in a professional call getting such an appreciation was a distant dream. Anyways Madhu gave me some work and more importantly deadline to complete it. Although I was handling lot of things at that time, I tried my best to complete Madhu’s assignment in time. This small introduction was a part of bigger things which I could not visualize at that point of time.
My HCU SAP toli @ Pune
When I landed in Pune, I had no idea of how my friendship circle will be like, how I will be spending the Saturday’s and Sundays. When I reached the office on first day, I met Jassi a SIMSR mate who had joined directly in Pune. Although our interaction during our SIMSR days was limited to “Hi” and bye only, but here in Pune we become good friends. One day Jassi was talking to someone about the lodging arrangements since Satyam guest house allowed new joinees to stay for only two weeks. The other person was quite fluent only in English and could not understand any other language which I could speak. It took me some time to come to terms with this English and I found that it was a Tamilian guy, Ravi. An IIPM graduate he was quite knowledgeable about the subjects in discussion. This guy was gonna be my weekend buddy for the next one year since Jassi was already dating someone whom of course he knew but I also knew yet I was not aware of the relationship. Within few days I was introduced to the resource coordinators Priyanka and Prashant. Priyanka was part of our team , working for Mukund sir’ vertical. There was another addition to the group Shailesh Tiwari, Dristi’s classmate but soon Shailesh become the best buddy. Lately we had some more additions and deletions as well. Jassi moved to Hyderabad and Sahu, Ashu and Priyesh joined the SAP toli. We had absolute fun at various times which I will tell in next few posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lockdown diaries- The Covid Scare

Lockdown was implemented in the whole country to contain the spread of Covid 19. Our state or union territory is no different. But being the financial warrior, we had to be at the front fighting the deadly pandemic while serving our customer. We have also faced the brutality of this deadly pandemic with so many bankers losing life. Though every banker is cautiously treading through these difficult times, there were near miss incidents which every banker could have faced. Let me narrate an incident that happening during the lockdown which involved our own staff. It was Monday evening when I had just stepped into my room after day’s labour. I had just taken my evening bath when my phone started ringing. I was surprised to see a call from one of my lady colleagues because usually after the office time no calls take place. Within few minutes, another call came in and this time it was from my service manager. “Sir, Where are you?” He was quite subtle in his demeanour. With utter calmness,

Respect her!!!

The time of Corona has brought in it the lockdown. Lockdown is the state of affairs when the whole world comes to stand still. Any change would carry with it the innate quality of inviting criticism both for and against it . Lockdown is no different. There may be people who are favouring lockdown while as there is a subset of our population which are against it too. My analysis is it happened for our good and we all need to bear this adventure. The best part of lockdown for me has been that the public broadcasting of the two mythological epics Ramayana and Mahabharata. Both these epics represent the ethos of Indian civilisation and how the Indian civilisation has evolved over the time. While the positives of the epics circulate through the veins and arteries of the nation, one aspect has been showing the ladies as sheer objectification. The epics have given a great moral to us    which invokes us to respect the women folk. These epics are really significant in the current day. The r

Leh- The Trekking Paradise

Leh gives an opportunity to fine-tune your gears. No big thing, it is the choicest destination of so many bikers across the globe. Foreigners have preferred it as the best place for trekking. Being in Leh, missing trekking means you have missed the real flavour of Ladakh. In my subconscious mind, I had always this lust creeping in for experiencing the nuance of trekking. As I said earlier, if a person actually wants something to happen even the Mother Nature sets in place the route for the same ” Chahat aisi ki ho is dil ne, ki muqaddar bhi sir juka ke khada ho jaye ”. In this part of Leh journey i take you to the trekking track of TAR. I was sitting in my cabin when I received a customer who was working with a local newspaper agency. He came with request for agricultural advance. As a prerogative to any finance, bankers have to do a necessary background check. One year in Leh and I was used to the names, locations and bit of geography s well. But when the customer uttered the nam