Skip to main content

I Cant be selfish

Another week passed by and it is getting complicated. Don’t know who is right and who is wrong. Let me voice out only my feeling and not the incidents this time.

Bank Head’s job is a strenuous job and no matter how much one tries to balance the things, there is always unevenness, a difference creeps in and probably this is where the principles of management do fill in. Over the past six months I have tried to balance this phenomenon with myself taking the biggest misses in all the incidents. I have not been able to claim my regular perks (financial jolt), not been able to take care of my family and friends ( emotional n social jolt), not been able to fill in my annual appraisal leading to my controller giving their own report ( opportunity jolt) etc. In all the circumstances I have been at the bearing end because of my involvement in other issues, other incidents and others problems. Bank has always been my priority and will remain. After banking it is my people (who are dependent on me) and finally it is me (if I am left with something). I have always tried to give my best for achieving the mandate of other people and in the process sacrificed myself. Even after this the people ask for more and never realise what is going on with me, leave behind supporting me. Many a times I feel I ought to think of myself first and this look after others but ALAS I CANT BE SELFISH.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My award winning essay on State Bank

During my sojourn through State Bank, I received numerous appreciations and accolades. One of the noted one was the Essay Competition in March last year wherein my entry was declared the third best in entire India. I reproduce the same here. The topic was related to making State Bank the numero uno bank in the world. Please read and do provide your valuable feedback.   “Business success is less a function of grandiose predictions than it is a result of being able to respond rapidly to real changes as they occur.” Jack Welch, former CEO at GE & famous management guru. State Bank of India has been the pioneer in Indian Banking Industry-pioneer in banking practices, pioneer in products & services and pioneer in the management & implementation. Yet the bank is not where it should have been. Careful analysis of the top 20 banks globally indicates failure to put State Bank at the top. Even current Finance Minister strategizes to put Indian Banking at the world stage...

The Leh Diary- The Builtup

The Leh journey had started and I was just experiencing the ups and downs of the cold desert. The initial days were really captivating. On one hand I was facing the wrath of changed climate while as on the other hand the Leh beauty was just full of sensuality, attracting me towards it and asking me to flow through its lap. The climate was actually gaining an upper hand here. The harsh climate was taking toll on my health. I was experiencing constant cough and no drug could cure it. The cough had become so chronic that i had been carrying the medicine continuously with me from office to the residence and back. It was an impact of high altitude sickness which is usually associated with low pressure areas. Doctors advised me the ethylated spirits but being a teetotaller it never interested me. Nevertheless this continued for next six months and there was no letup to the prevailing cough. At the same time, i was continuously putting in my efforts as the Loan Manager. The profile of Loan...

Conversation with God

A little boy hurt by the worldly ploy Called upon the God And asked “My Lord, Why you gave me heart” Lord replied –“Son- to understand others feelings and emotions” The boy said” God What about my feelings!!!” God replied “For that you have family and friends” The boy further asked” What happens when they don’t value” God replied” Listen to them all the time” The boy said” Have been doing that, never arguing, listening all the time.” God appreciated” That is really god!” “But my listening has become weakness. They consider me stupid and never value my love” The boy sobs. God was awe-stuck but said” Sacrifice yourself!” The boy cried ”Have been killing my feelings for them But nobody respects my emotions. This makes me sad, lost and deserted” Hearing this Lord smiled” Son you passed the real test.” The boy asked “Which test?” God said” the test for your place in my heart. I give you a permanent place in my heart. Come my child…leave this world and come with me” At once the little boy sm...