Skip to main content

Leh- The Trekking Paradise


Leh gives an opportunity to fine-tune your gears. No big thing, it is the choicest destination of so many bikers across the globe. Foreigners have preferred it as the best place for trekking. Being in Leh, missing trekking means you have missed the real flavour of Ladakh. In my subconscious mind, I had always this lust creeping in for experiencing the nuance of trekking. As I said earlier, if a person actually wants something to happen even the Mother Nature sets in place the route for the same ” Chahat aisi ki ho is dil ne, ki muqaddar bhi sir juka ke khada ho jaye”. In this part of Leh journey i take you to the trekking track of TAR.
I was sitting in my cabin when I received a customer who was working with a local newspaper agency. He came with request for agricultural advance. As a prerogative to any finance, bankers have to do a necessary background check. One year in Leh and I was used to the names, locations and bit of geography s well. But when the customer uttered the name I could not comprehend it-the place named Tar. A little more about it and I could see my dream coming true. I told my staff member Jigmet to plan this journey and I already had the blueprint in front of me. Since Wednesday was a non public working day for our branch, we scheduled the trekking on this day. We started at 9 in the morning and by 9:30 we were on way to start the trek. A trek of almost 10 kilometers with no motor-able roads. We packed certain food items and water for the journey as the route was devoid of any food items, shops or any eateries. As we started the treacherous journey, i was thinking how often our desires are accepted by the God. Walking for some couple of miles, i was sure that it was gonna be  a memorable trek to be and when an experienced trekker is with you it becomes quite an easy task. During certain times, Jigmet heaved praised on me that i was not an outsider but somebody who is so used to trekking for long. While we were walking through, i could find some houses who offered us help but we declined. Jigmet was giving me details of the topography and i could easily relate to our Kashmiri civilisation. The houses, the lifestyle in the area was so enticing that any person would lust for. I was feeling nostalgic about my own village. During our journey, i found a vaginal fall which was formed by the meeting of two hills and water flowing though it... mesmerising it was indeed. We reached the house at around 2 pm and i was feeling mission accomplished. The family welcomed us and offered tea and biscuits... so sumptuous that i forgot all my tiredness. We spent almost an hour there. And thinking we might get late we walked back. The whole terrain was so beautiful that i wished to sacrifice the entire lifetime for it. On the way back,i was thinking how hard the life was for the natives there yet how they were still enjoying the freshness of it... away from the stupid rate race we all were involved in. I tasted the success of this miraculous trekking with so ease that i forgot it was already 6 in the evening by which we landed back in Khaltsi... a journey that shall be etched in my memory for lifetime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lockdown diaries- The Covid Scare

Lockdown was implemented in the whole country to contain the spread of Covid 19. Our state or union territory is no different. But being the financial warrior, we had to be at the front fighting the deadly pandemic while serving our customer. We have also faced the brutality of this deadly pandemic with so many bankers losing life. Though every banker is cautiously treading through these difficult times, there were near miss incidents which every banker could have faced. Let me narrate an incident that happening during the lockdown which involved our own staff. It was Monday evening when I had just stepped into my room after day’s labour. I had just taken my evening bath when my phone started ringing. I was surprised to see a call from one of my lady colleagues because usually after the office time no calls take place. Within few minutes, another call came in and this time it was from my service manager. “Sir, Where are you?” He was quite subtle in his demeanour. With utter calmness,

Respect her!!!

The time of Corona has brought in it the lockdown. Lockdown is the state of affairs when the whole world comes to stand still. Any change would carry with it the innate quality of inviting criticism both for and against it . Lockdown is no different. There may be people who are favouring lockdown while as there is a subset of our population which are against it too. My analysis is it happened for our good and we all need to bear this adventure. The best part of lockdown for me has been that the public broadcasting of the two mythological epics Ramayana and Mahabharata. Both these epics represent the ethos of Indian civilisation and how the Indian civilisation has evolved over the time. While the positives of the epics circulate through the veins and arteries of the nation, one aspect has been showing the ladies as sheer objectification. The epics have given a great moral to us    which invokes us to respect the women folk. These epics are really significant in the current day. The r